1 Year Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics
GITAM School of International Business (GSIB) in collaboration with IBM designed one year Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics (PGDBA) to offer from 2015- 16. The Programme is offered in three trimesters followed by Capstone Project in Industry. The one year co-branded Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics is jointly designed by GSIB and IBM and will be offered by GSIB Faculty and IBM Subject Matter Experts (SMEs). The Programme is a combination of class-room teaching and technology aided learning platform. The comprehensive Programme provides a framework through which students learn to understand management process, gain understanding of functional areas of management process, and acquire knowledge and skills in Business Analytics.
The programme offers unparalleled opportunities in India as well as abroad, especially for those who have quantitative skills and want to append the skills by learning to analyse the big data.
With state-of-the-art computing facilities and renowned faculty members with industrial experience, GITAM is a place to master analytics and big data evaluation. Play a part in the future of the worldwide business with a diploma or degree in Business Analytics and lend a handin revealingpatters that can change the world for better.
Business analytics help identify key insights, de-masking buried patterns and correlations. It is faster and more efficient than traditional business intelligence solutions, and its critical nature was recognised post-global recession when it helped blue chip corporates endure and sustain the crisis. However, there is a substantial shortfall of analytics managers who are equipped with the know-how of analysing data, and based on it, making valuable decisions.
- To introduce the students to the theory and practice of management and develop skills in the functional areas that are important in the process of management
- To introduce the students to the theory and practice of Business Analytics and develop analytical skills in the functional areas to work in manufacturing and service industries.
- To develop in the student an integrated mindset that is so important in Business Analytics and develop skills in them to lead and enterprise in Business Analytics.
- To facilitate the early stage professional in Business Analytics to enhance his/her competence by way of continued off-campus experiential learning.
|BA101||Management Structure & Process||2|
|BA102||Organizational Behaviour & Leadership||2|
|BA105||Accounting and Control||3|
|BA108||QT for Management||3|
|BA109||Introduction to Business Analytics (IBM-SME)||1.5|
|BA110||Management of Life Skills||1*|
|BA201||Human Resource Management||3|
|BA202||Legal & Ethical Issues in Information Security||2|
|BA204||Supply Chain Management||2|
|BA205||Research Methods for Business||2.5|
|BA206||Operations Research & Optimization||3|
|BA208||Fundamentals of Big Data Analytics||2|
|BA209||Descriptive Analytics & Visualisation of Data||3|
|BA211||Internet of Things (IoT)||1*|
|BA301||Business Intelligence in Modern Areas of Analytics (IBM-SME)||2|
|BA303||Social Media Analytics||3|
|BA304||Simulation in Analytics||2|
|BA305||Big Data Analytics for Business Analysts (IBM-SME)||1.5|
|BA306||Fundamentals of Enterprise Planning & Budgeting||3|
|BA307||R for Business Analytics||2|
|BA313||School Internship Project (SIP)||2|
|BA314||Capstone Project (CP)||3|
Modular MBA (Business Analytics)
Looking at the relevancy and demand, GSIB has converted the one year three Trimisters Programme in Business Analytics to MBA programme of two years. The second year being off campus innovative programme. But it would be a Modular Programme. The first year on campus would lead to PGDBA, and the second year off campus would lead to MBA Programme.
|BA-402||LINUX Command Line Basics||2|
|BA-502||Advanced ‘R’ Programming||3|
- Human Resource Management (HRM)
- HR1 HR Analytics 3
- HR2 Performance Analytics and Metrics 3
- Marketing Management (MM)
- MM1 Marketing and Advertising Analytics 3
- MM2 Digital and Online Marketing 3
- Financial Management (FM)
- FM1 Financial Analytics 3
- FM2 Decision Models in Finance 3
- Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- SCM1 Supply Chain Analytics 3
|BAEL-1||Basics in Machine Learning||3|
|BAEL-3||Using Python to Access Web Data||3|
|BAEL-4||Information Security: Context and Introduction||3|
|BAEL-5||Graph Analytics for Big Data||3|
|BAEL-6||Text Retrieval and Search Engines||3|
|BAEL-7||Advanced Linear Models for Data Science||3|
|BAEL-8||Data Visualization and Communication with Tableau||3|
|BAEL-9||Data Wrangling with MongoDB||3|
|BAEL-11||Programming for the Internet of things project||3|
|BAEL-12||Hadoop Platform and applications frame work||3|
|BAEL-13||Predictive Modelling and Analytics||3|
|BAEL-14||Business Analytics for Decision Making||3|
Students are ought to select the electives keeping in view his/ her career interest and the elective course is offered subject to a minimum number of enrolment 4 students for each course.
Data Analytics for Lean Six Sigma
- Foreign Languages
- Listed Among Top 5 B-Schools In International Focus in India (Source: India Today Aspire December 2016).
- International Faculty from Academia and Industry.
- Opportunities to study on Exchange Programmes.
- International Study Tour.
- International and Domestic Study Tours
- Project Based Learning & Case based Teaching.
- Design Thinking Workshop.
- Management Professional Development Programmes.
- Campus to Corporate Training Programme.
- Business Simulation Games.