GSIB offers the following programs:
MBA (International Business)
MBA (International Banking & Finance)
MBA (Global Logistics & Supply Chain Management)
PGDBA/ MBA (Business Analytics)
M.Phil/Ph.D. program in International Business and Global Entrepreneurship.
In addition, the School is engaged in Research, Executive Education, Seminars/Conferences, and Consultancy.
MBA programs consists of Core Module, Elective Module and Experimental Learning Module.
The core Module consists of four segments:the Foundation Segment, the Integrative Segment, the International Business Segment and Foreign Language Segment.
1) Core Module: The Foundation Segment consists of courses designed to provide basic knowledge of concepts, tools, and techniques in management. These foundation courses are offered in three trimesters spread over the first year of the program. As the functional areas, are taught in the global context and global dimensions will be the emphasis. The Integrative Segment consists of three courses designed to provide a framework within which all foundation courses are blended into integrated management know-how. These courses are offered from the fourth to sixth trimesters in the second year of the program. The International Business Segment consists of courses designed to provide knowledge in International Business that a manager operating in the dynamic global context should be equipped with for becoming effective and successful. These courses are spread from first through sixth trimesters in the program. In addition, the core module includes a module that gives the student an opportunity to learn a Foreign Language (French / German / Spanish / Chinese) in the first, second and third trimesters.
2) The Experiential Learning Module is designed to provide hands-on experience of learning in the field. After completing three trimesters of course-work in the first year of the program, the student will get an opportunity to work in a business organization for 2 months. During this period, the student will have the opportunity to apply the concepts learnt in the first three trimesters to practical problems in the field. Besides, the student will have the opportunity to work on small field projects throughout the program and to visit ports and export houses in the second trimester. The student will also have opportunity to go on International Study Tour to gain understanding in comparative management systems, markets, business, culture outside India and learn in the context of international management.
3) Elective Module: It is strongly advised that the student should select the portfolio of electives keeping in view his/her career interest. The student has to choose electives as per the details given in the course structure. One interesting feature built into the programs is that students have the choice to go for electives in the Sixth Trimester or alternatively to work on a research project in Industry. Alternatively, students can choose to write a business plan with support from faculty and financial institutions, and implement the same on graduation. Audit Courses: The student has the option to take more than the prescribed number of electives as audit courses.
GSIB students have the choice to skip one/two trimesters to go to one of the above partner Institutions and take electives offered by them with prior approval from the Dean. GSIB has collaborative agreements with Burgundy School of Business, Dijon, Paris; International University of Paris; Northern Illinois University, Chicago, USA and University of Virgin Islands Business School, USA, Regent Business School, South Africa. MoU with Hanze University, Groningen, The Netherlands, Beijing Normal University, University of International Business & Economics, Beijing, China and Thunderbird School of Global Management, Glendale, AZ, USA. GITAM also has twinning programs that GSIB students can opt.
10 INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS EXPOSURE @ GSIB
- The programs are designed to cultivate managerial talent in International Business and peer to peer learning in a multi cultural learning environment .
- Multi-cultural ambiance in the School with students from about 20 states of India, with stunning beach-front location adds value to students for learning.
- Students will have the opportunity to do one or two trimesters at Burgundy School of Business, Dijon, France, or International University of Paris, at Paris and Summer Internship/ Research Projects at those places.
- Students will have the opportunity to do an elective in Business Analytics offered by IBM.
- Students will have the opportunity to participate in International Study Tour.
- Students will have the opportunity to participate in Seminar/Conferences at various places in India.
CASH AWARDS, MEDALS & MERIT SCHOLARSHIPS
- 1st Prize : 100% Fee Waiver (1st Ranker at the end of I year)
- 2nd Prize : 50% Fee Waiver (2nd Ranker at the end of I year)
- Dr. K. Rosaiah Award of Excellence : Rs. 1,00,000 (at the end of the I year)
- Presidential Gold Medal: For Overall Performance in all the programs.
- Teachers’ Gold Medal: For the First Ranker in all the programs.
- Silver Medal: For the Second Ranker in all the programs.
- Bronze Medal: For the Third Ranker in all the programs.
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarships in all the trimesters for meritorious students.